We’ve been approached quite a few times lately by some of the users of the site asking if we could feature their fitness transformations to the EctomorphBB community. We’ve decided that we are going to incorporate a “Transformation of the Month” page on the website and we encourage all of you to submit your own personal success stories. For our first month’s success story we’ve chosen Diogo De Souza. After having a brief conversation with Diogo he expressed a lot of interest in being featured on our site and has shown a lot of dedication to fitness. Although he says that his journey has just begun he seems motivated enough to stay dedicated to his body building goals.
Diogo has shown a lot of dedication to his fitness and nutrition goals so far and seems to be on track with his work out routines. We asked if he could answer a few questions about himself and what type of diet and exercise regiment he followed during his transformation, he was more than happy to fill us in on his routine. We hope his story helps motivate you to reach your fitness goals, keep training hard.
Interview With Diogo
1. EBB: Tell us about your background. Where you are from, what do you do for work/school?
Diogo: I’m 21 years old, originally from Brazil but I’ve been living in Ireland for about 4 years. I just finished school this year so I’m doing nothing for now =)
2. EBB: What made you decide that you needed a change in your lifestyle and physical condition? Also, did you have any particular goals in mind before you started?
Diogo: I decide that I needed a change . One day when I woke up in the morning and looked in the mirror, I thought “SHIT man I’m skinny ;/”. Since then I’ve work harder and harder in the gym. When I started my goal was to get to 78kg with a low body fat percentage… I’ve reached that goal and now I just wanted to keep excelling further and further. My goal is to get 90kg shredded with an improved physical and mental lifestyle.
3. EBB: What was the toughest challenge during your transformation?
Diogo: Finding the time to eat and train and dealing with family and friends who did not believe in my dream became very difficult to deal with.
4. EBB: What motivated you to keep going?
Diogo: My dream to change myself for the better, and everyone that says you’re not going make it because it’s to hard for you. It was great proving them wrong. Also Eric Thomas was a big motivator for me .
5. EBB: What kind of supplements did you use, if any?
Diogo: “Optimum N Serious Mass Weight Gainer” (12Lb 5.455Kg) and “Gold Standard 100% Whey” (Whey protein isolates) (5LB 2.273KG) I only used those two supplements for 6 months, now I’ve decided to take a break from supplements for a little while.
6. EBB: Could you give us an example of what you ate on an average training day?
Diogo: I didn’t have the strictest diet and I didn’t count macros yet but, on training days I ate 6 meals: rice, beans, chicken, meat, fish potato, and egg. After training I ate one or two bananas and cereal.
7. EBB: Could you also give an example of a typical week’s training regimen day by day?
Diogo: My main excercises were dead lifts, squats, bench press, and pull ups. Monday: chest and arm; Tuesday: back and shoulder; Wednesday: Legs; Thursday:arms; Friday:back and shoulders; Saturday:Legs (I worked abs naturally into my routine with other workouts)
8. EBB: Do you listen to music during your workouts? What are 5 of your favorite songs that helped motivate you during a tough workout?
Diogo: Yes I do listen to music while I workout. My 5 favorite songs are Skillet – Awake and Alive , Electric Pow Wow Drum , Destorm- King Kong , Awesome God- R-Swift, DMX – No Sunshine. I love these songs!
9. EBB: When did you first start noticing significant gains?
Diogo: After about 2 months I started noticing same gains.
10. EBB: What are your plans for the future, bodybuilding or otherwise?
Diogo: I want to continue natural bodybuilding and continue to push myself to reach the goals I set.
11. EBB: If you could give some of our more inexperienced readers one pieces of advice today,what would you tell them?
Diogo: Believe in yourself about everything that you dream of or that you want to have. Just start working hard today, do not leave it for tomorrow or next week.
” If you want something bad enough… take it. My Journey has just begun, get up and start yours”
If you are interested in seeing how Diogo is doing today with his fitness goals or would just like to reach out to him for advice follow him on Facebook or subscribe to his YouTube channel. For your chance to be featured as our next Transformation of the Month please submit a copy of our form here.