Forearms are typically quite a neglected body part. Some argue that you don’t really need any specialized exercises for forearms and that just doing biceps and back exercises are enough for your grip too.
This is true to some degree. Yes, just byÂ squeezingÂ the bar for rowing or biceps curls will improve your forearms and your grip.
The problem is, that many people don’t even do that, and ‘cheat’ their grip by using straps, resulting in underdeveloped forearms and week grip.
Forearm workout does not sound very interesting, and even if you decide to do it, you will probably just treat it as something you do quickly at the end of your workout.
But the good news is, that even if you don’t want to attack your forearms directly using dedicated workout, you can simply make it a part of your other exercises.
All you need is to make the bar a little thicker andÂ squeezeÂ a bit harder.
That will involve your forearms much more than using regular barbells or dumbells, thus resulting in increased strength of your grip and more muscular forearms.
This is easy to do using Fat Gripz.
This simple workout gadget is designed to easily fit regular bars of any dumbell or barbell in your gym, and transform each bar into a think bar, requiring you toÂ squeezeÂ the bar harder.
So even when doing exercises such as bench press, you areÂ simultaneously working out your forearms, without limiting the weights you can use.
So let’s have a closer look at this “gripÂ miracleÂ gadget”:
How Exactly Do They Work?
Fat Gripz instantly convert barbells, dumbbells, chin-up bars and exercise machines into THICK BARS.
What Are Thick Bars?
Thick bars are simply barbells, dumbbells and pull-up bars with a thicker diameter handle. A standard barbell, dumbbell, or chin-up bar typically has a handle with a diameter of about 1 inch. A thick bar will often have a diameter of more like 2.5 inches (some look more like truck axles) and if you’ve ever used you will know that it feels completely different.
What’s So Special About Thick Bars?
Using a thick bar means MORE MUSCLE AND STRENGTH on your body. Thick bar training produces much bigger strength and muscle gains compared to standard training equipmentâ€¦. and many people find them much easier on their joints too. Thick Bars are not new. Strongmen, champion powerlifters and pro athletes have been using them for decades.
Why Does Using A Thick Bar Have That Effect?
Thick Bars (and Fat Gripz) work for many reasons including:
- Increased muscle activation – thicker handles stimulate much more muscle activation in the hands and forearms and in the upper arms and whole upper body. More muscle activation means much bigger muscle and strength gains.
- “Unlocking” muscle gains – thick bars make your hands, fingers and forearms so much stronger that your body can finally stop “holding back” the strength and muscle gains in your uppers arms, back and chest.
- Complete training – thick bar training automatically trains your hands, fingers and forearms at all angles. If you are bench pressing, the thick bar will train your hands and forearms in a completely different way than if you are doing chin ups on a thick bar.
- Natural movement – thick bars perfectly replicate the natural function of the human hand – lifting heavy, awkward objects.
- Automatic training – thick bars means you are training your grip the whole time and you don’t even need to do any extra exercises.
- Concentration – thick bars are harder to handle so you need to concentrate a lot harder to lift the weight. Some credit this alone with making them significantly stronger.
- Less imbalances and injuries – thick bars shift the stress off the joints and onto the muscles because a thick bar spreads the weight over a larger area
Should I Use Fat Gripz Or Thick Bars?
Thick bars are great but they are very expensive and, therefore, quite rare (a thick bar may cost $300 – $800 and a set of thick-handled dumbbells may cost $10,000 – $25,000). Also, you can’t take them to different gyms easily and thick chin-up bars and thick-handled exercise machines are almost non-existent.
What Will YOU Get From Using Fat Gripz?
More muscle. More strength. Fast. It’s as simple as that. Most people who train with Fat Gripz find that their arms size and strength (in particular) increases dramatically and, as a result, their whole upper body grows. You will literally feel them working the very first time you use them.
Fat Gripz are super high quality, fully portable and will give you the benefits of a gym full of thick bars (no matter where you train) at a fraction of the cost.
Switching to Fat Gripz might be the single biggest difference you can make to your muscle size and strength today.
As everything new, it will take a few workouts to get used to the feel of thinker bar, but after awhile you will not even notice it.
What you will notice though is a stronger grip and transformation of your toothpick-like forearms into a truly muscular ones.
All without adding time to your workout or boring yourself with dedicated forearm exercises.